AIQ announces the release of TradingExpert 9.6
In this upgrade we have added a new charting type called Seasonality. This chart type allows traders to view the percentage change on any ticker over multiple years on one chart. The average of the years displayed is also charted along with the current year.
The Seasonality Chart has an easy toggle to remove or add up to 15 years of data and add/remove the average line. The date key also allows you to change the right hand date of the chart and adjusts the percentage chart appropriately.
This upgrade also provides some bug fixes, cleans up some expired service elements and provides a more robust key number system that will avoid key errors due to operating system or other changes.
In his May 2020 'The Ridiculous Seasonality of AMD', Jay Kaeppel wrote the following ........'For as it turns out, AMD is one of the most consistently “cyclical” stocks you may ever find'. The trading period October Trading Day 19 through May Trading Day 21.
AMD – Annual Seasonal Bullish and Bearish Periods
AMD performance during Bullish and Bearish Periods
The AIQ Seasonality chart below has the vertical cursor on the 19th trading day in Ocober, the right hand date on the chart is set to the 21st trading day of May.
This Seasonal Chart shows the trading period through the 21st trading day in May for 8 trading years 2013 - 2020 with the average line being in white. The seasonal trend that Jay mentions can be seen in this chart. The vertical scale is percentage change.
· Visual Studio 2013 install is no longer necessary.
· Visual Studio 2005 install is only performed if needed.
· DAO installation is only performed if needed.
· Obsolete desktop shortcut icons removed.
New product features and enhancements:
· Added Seasonality Charts. Seasonality Charts help identify year-over-year patterns in price activity by overlaying multiple years of a single ticker.
· AIQ Key number system now handled seamlessly and immune from OS changes.
· Holiday table is no longer used. Data from any trading day across different country markets downloads appropriately.
· In the Charts Control Panel list explore view, the top level entry, the list name itself, no longer tries to open as a ticker. The list name is a lighter shade of grey than the list symbols whose color is black (or white if the ticker is not active or not present).
· Help pages now launch from all products.
Items removed for improved product clarity and focus:
· Dial Data version. All Real-time products (Real Time Alerts, NASDAQ Level II, Quotes and Barometer, Historical Real Time, myTrackEdge)
· AIQALL list and its member group and sector data files.
· AutoChartist Chart Patterns tool bar. This third-party add-on is no longer available.
· Fundamentals no longer prominent in Charts.
As a client of TradingExpert Pro 9.51 you entitled to receive this upgrade at a discounted price